We are pleased to announce the release of Veta 4.1! New features were focused on the sublots and filtering. As usual, several fixes and quality of life improvements were included.
- The road map was replaced and an aerial map is now provided.
- Location filters based on alignments have been updated to improve accuracy. Check your filters to ensure they are still correct.
- Because operation filters are frequently used for daily checks, Design Name and Imported File Name filters no longer have any items selected.
- The paving width filter for thermal profiling data has been replaced by a “cold-edge” filter.
- The sublots creation algorithm has been improved. You will need to press the Create Sublots button to update the sublots and take advantage of new features.
- The last sublot is now merged into the previous sublot if the length is less than half of the specified length.
- Warnings are no longer given when only part of the analysis fails.
All changes are listed in the Release Notes and also provided below.
- Change: A default project name is no longer provided.
- Change: Ames projects will now import the Machine ID.
- Change: HAMM files that do not use GPS can now have their coordinate system set during import.
- Fix: Trimble files that includes rows with valid CMV but are missing frequency and/or amplitude can now be imported.
- Fix: Trimble files that have quotes around the Machine ID will now have the quotes removed.
- New: Added the Bing aerial map as an option. Please note that aerial maps have usage limits. If usage is higher than expected we may temporarily disable the aerial maps.
- Change: The OpenStreetMap road map has been replaced by the Bing road map.
- New: Added ability to sort the table.
- Fix: Crash when attempting to remove a file before the map had finished drawing. It is possible this could still cause a crash, so we recommend waiting for the map to finish before removing a file.
- Change: Alignments are now upsampled if necessary to provide more detail for location filters (see below). No differences should be visible. This upsampling will done be when an alignment is added and for previous projects.
- Change: Because operation filters are frequently used for daily checks, Design Name and Imported File Name filters no longer have all items selected.
- Change: The paving width filter for thermal profiling data has been replaced by a “cold-edge” filter. Instead of specifying a paving width, this filter will automatically remove cold edges on the pavement to filter the data to the proper width.
- Change: Checkbox items are now sorted alphabetically.
- Fix: Location filters that use part of an alignment could be slightly off if the alignment file had long lines. For existing projects, this correction will be done upon opening the project.
- Fix: Changing time filters was sometimes difficult.
- Change: If the length of the last sublot is less than half the sublot longitudinal length, it will be merged into the previous sublot.
- Change: Sublot creation accuracy and speed has been improved. You will need to press the Create Sublots button to obtain the new sublots. Some analysis results may also not appear if you do not recreate the sublots. Current testing has shown the Transverse Width input is not needed, so it has been removed for now. Even more so than before, proper filtering is required to obtain accurate sublots.
- Fix: Pasting spot tests did not work if there were spaces after the column names or if the column names did not match the letter casing of Veta.
- New: The length of a sublot has been added to each sublot table.
- New: For thermal profile projects, the length of the filtered profile is now listed in the coverage table for each operation filter.
- Change: Sublots Details screen has been moved into the Sublots Results screen.
- Change: Differential results have been moved from the Overall Results into the Sublot Results.
- Change: Warnings are no longer given when part of the analysis fails. Due to the nature of the data that is being analyzed and the many dozens of sub-analyses that are run, the warning message was showing so frequently as to not be useful. A message will now only be shown if there was no data found to analyze or every sub-analysis fails.
- Fix: Statistics/Histogram analyses with no data have been removed.
- Improved performance.
- Various cosmetic changes to reports, tables, and charts.