The test site was at K52/US-69 southeast of KS.
Monday, August 18, 2008 – Friday, August 22, 2008
An Open house was held on Thursday, Aug. 21. See the flier for details. It was a very successful event with more than 40 participants from KSDOT, MODDOT, and University of Kansas.
- Type II Cohesive Soil
- The Sakai and Caterpillar single-drum pad foot IC roller were selected to be used for this demo.
- Demonstrate soil IC technology to KSDOT personnel, contractors, and etc.,
- Evaluate the benefits and effectiveness of IC Rollers vs. conventional rollers,
- Assist KSDOT to accelerate the development of IC quality control (QC) specifications for soil pavement materials,
- Identify and prioritize needed improvements and further research for IC equipment.
Meetings and Reports
- July 11, 2008. Meeting minutes from this web conference can be viewed here.
- Aug. 8, 2008. This meeting was to finalize the plan and logistics.
- Field summary sheets (detailed test schedule/test bed and IC settings).
- Final report (9.9 MB, Jan., 2010)