This test site is located close to the junction of highway 19, 41, and SR 3 in Clayton County, Georgia. This project is a new asphalt construction for a “Park & Ride” facility. The address of the site is: 8488 Tara Blvd., Jonesboro, GA 30236.
Monday, September 14, 2009 – Friday, September 18, 2009
- Roller Shipping: Shipping address: Atlantic Paving Project Office 4500 Peachtree Rd., Atlanta, GA 30360. Contacts: Ernie Lopez, (770) 231-4405 (cell). Wayne Boatright, (770) 220-0228 (office), (404) 580-9184 (cell). By Friday, Sept 11.
9:30AM to 3:00PM, Thursday, Sept. 17
Session 1 – 9:30AM to 11:45PM – Indoor Presentation (GDOT Office of Materials and Research: 15 Kennedy Dr, Forest Park, GA 30297)
(lunch – sponsored by GAPA and GCAA)
Session 2 – 1:00PM to 3:00PM – Field Demonstration (Park & Ride job site – transportation provided by GDOT OMR)
Tracy Winsky (404) 363‐7510 firstname.lastname@example.org, Please RSVP by Sept. 15, 2009
- FHWA/TPF IC Project: Overview and Recent Findings, by Dr. George Chang (Transtec Group)
- HMA Intelligent Compaction, by Bob Horan (Asphalt Institute)
- Sakai Intelligent Compaction System, by Todd Mansell (Sakai America)
- GDOT IC Project Prelim Findings, by Dr. George Chang (Transtec Group)
- Trimble Compaction Control System, by Steven Honkus (Trimble)
Attention Participating Roller Vendors – participating IC rollers should be equiped with RTK GPSreceivers. The GPS requirements for IC rollers are described here.
The material type is TPF Type IV HMA material.
- Sakai double drum IC roller
- Demonstrate HMA IC technology to GDOT personnel, contractors, etc.,
- Correlate the IC roller measurements with GDOT’s current in-situ density measurements; and
- Identify and prioritize needed improvements and further research for IC equipment.
Meetings and Reports
- March 30, 2009 – Conference call, Meeting minutes.
- June 2, 2009 – Web meeting, Meeting minutes (updated, June 9),Presentation slides.
- July 27, 2009 – Conference call, Meeting minutes (updated, July 29).
- Experimental Plan (3.7MB, 9/8/2009)
- Field Summary Sheet (9/11/2009)
- Draft final report (33 MB, revised on 3/1/2010)
Photos and Videos
- Sheila Hines, GDOT (Main contact), 404-363-7501, shines at dot.ga.gov (replace “at” with “@”)
- Georgene Geary, GDOT, 404-363-7512, ggeary at dot.ga.gov (replace “at” with “@”)