- The IC demonstration site is located at US 219 in Springville, NY, about 20 miles south of Buffalo. This project is a 4 mile long new construction with two lanes in each traffic direction.
Monday, May 18, 2009 – Friday, May 22, 2009
- Roller Shipping: Shipping address: Cold Spring Construction, 200 Zoar Valley Road, Springville, NY 14141. Field office phone 716-592-4971. By Friday, May 15.
10:30AM to 2:30PM, Thursday, May 21
Session 1 – 10:30AM to noon – Indoor Presentation
NYSDOT Office (~20 miles north of the field site), 5900 New Taylor Road, Orchard Park, NY 14127
(lunch on your own)
Session 2 – 1:30PM to 2:30PM – Outdoor Demonstration
IC Field test site on Route 219 (further information will be provided during the Session 1 indoor presentation)
David Fisher, NYSDOT, 716-667-1711
- FHWA/TPF IC Project and Recent Findings, by Victor (Lee) Gallivan, P.E., FHWA, COTR, FHWA/TPF IC project
- IC for HMA, by by Dr. George Chang, P.E., Transtec Group, PI, FHWA/TPF IC project
- Sakai IC System, byTodd Mansell, Sakai America
- Prelim Findings from the CA HMA IC Demonstration, by Dr. George Chang, P.E., Transtec Group, PI, FHWA/TPF IC project
- Type I – granular non-cohesive soils
- Type III – granular subbase material
A “mini-demo” will be conducted for the Type IV HMA materials. It is treated as a separated demo from the full-blown demo.
- Bomag single, smooth drum IC roller
- Caterpillar single, smooth drum IC roller
- Sakai double drum IC roller (for the mini-demo)
- Demonstrate IC technology to NYSDOT personnel, contractors, and the highway community at large,
- Help NYSDOT accelerate the development of IC quality control (QC) specifications for subgrade soils (granular, non-cohesive), and subbase materials,
- Develop an experienced and knowledgeable IC expertise base within NYSDOT, and
- Identify and prioritize needed improvements and research for IC equipment.
Meetings and Reports
- 1st web meeting on January 5, 2009. Meeting minutes.
- 2nd web meeting on April 27, 2009. Meeting minutes.
- Experimental Plan (Final draft, 6MB, 4/27/2009)
- Summary Field Sheets (final, 5/14/2009)
- Open House Presentation (updated on 5/26/2009)
- Introduction to the ICPF/NY IC Demonstration (Chang) ~ 4 MB
- ICPF/ISU IC Projects and Prelim Results of NY Soil/SB IC Demonstration(White) ~ 6.7 MB
- The Caterpillar IC System (Handson and DeClerk) ~ 6.7 MB
- The Bomag IC System (Dennison) ~ 4.2 MB
- The Sakai IC System (Rakowski) ~ 4.4 MB
- Prelim Results of NY HMA IC Demonstration (Rakowski) ~ 0.64 MB
- Final draft report (updated, 2/16/2010) ~ 34 MB
- Zoeb Zavery, NYSDOT, HQ. (518) 485-5277, zzavery at dot.state.ny.us
- Don Dwyer, NYSDOT HQ, (518) 457-4724, ddwyer at dot.state.ny.us
- Dave Fisher, NYSDOT – Region 5 Material, (716) 667-1711, dfisher at dot.stat.ny.us