- The project site is a HMA overlay project in La Habra, CA.
Monday, November 1, 2010 – Wednesday, November 3, 2010
- Roller Shipping: Shipping address (2600 Buena Vista St., Irwindale, CA 91010), Arrive by (Thursday, Oct. 28), Contacts: Bill Wilson, Sully-Miller Construction, (714) 720-7446
(1:30 PM to 4:30 PM, Wednesday, Nov. 3, 2010)
(Skanska Office, 1995 Agua Mansa Road, Riverside, CA 92502, (951) 205-0272)
Please RSVP by Oct. 29. Contact Dr. Rita Leahy, APA CA, email@example.com, (916) 239-8315.
- FHWA/TPF IC Project and Recent Findings, by Victor (Lee) Gallivan, P.E., FHWA, COTR, FHWA/TPF IC project
- IC for HMA, by Dr. George Chang, P.E., Transtec Group, PI, FHWA/TPF IC project
- Sakai IC System, byTodd Mansell, Sakai America
- Trimble GPS for IC, by Chris Podgorski, Trimble
- Prelim Findings from the CA HMA IC Demonstration, by Dr. George Chang, P.E., Transtec Group, PI, FHWA/TPF IC project
The material type is FHWA/TPF Type IV HMA.
- Sakai double drum IC roller
- Demonstrate HMA IC technology to DOT personnel, contractors, etc.
- Evaluate the benefits and effectiveness of IC Rollers,
- Assist DOT in the development of IC quality control (QC) specifications for HMA pavement materials, and
- Identify and prioritize needed improvements and further research for IC equipment.
Meetings and Reports
Photos and Videos
- Dr. Rita Leahy, PE, APA CA, rleahy (at) apaca.org, (916) 239-8315 (replace (at) with an symbol)
- Dr. George Chang, PE, Transtec Group, PI of the IC research team, gkchang (at) thetranstecgroup.com, (512) 659-1231 (replace (at) with an symbol)