- The project site is a HMA base paving project at the Salinas municipal airport, Salinas, CA.
Tuesday, November 9, 2010 – Thursday, November 11, 2010
- Roller Shipping: Shipping address (350 Technology Drive, Watsonville, CA 95077-5001), Arrive by (Friday, Nov. 8), Contacts: Graniterock, (831) 768-2092
1:30 PM to 4:30 PM, Thursday, Nov. 11, 2010
Granite Rock Office, 350 Technology Drive, Watsonville, CA 95077-5001
Please RSVP by Nov. 5. Contact Dr. Rita Leahy, APA CA, email@example.com, (916) 239-8315.
- FHWA/TPF IC Project and Recent Findings, by Victor (Lee) Gallivan, P.E., FHWA, COTR, FHWA/TPF IC project
- IC for HMA, by by Dr. George Chang, P.E., Transtec Group, PI, FHWA/TPF IC project
- Sakai IC System, byTodd Mansell, Sakai America
- Prelim Findings from the CA HMA IC Demonstration, by Dr. George Chang, P.E., Transtec Group, PI, FHWA/TPF IC project
The material type is FHWA/TPF Type IV HMA.
- Sakai double drum IC roller
- Demonstrate HMA IC technology to DOT personnel, contractors, etc.
- Evaluate the benefits and effectiveness of IC Rollers,
- Assist DOT in the development of IC quality control (QC) specifications for HMA pavement materials, and
- Identify and prioritize needed improvements and further research for IC equipment.
Meetings and Reports
- Field Summary Sheets (draft, v1, Oct. 12, 2010)
Photos and Videos
- Dr. Rita Leahy, PE, APA CA, rleahy (at) apaca.org, (916) 239-8315 (replace (at) with an symbol)
- Dr. George Chang, PE, Transtec Group, PI of the IC research team, gkchang (at) thetranstecgroup.com, (512) 659-1231 (replace (at) with an symbol)