- The project is SR-25 Segment 1A (INDOT contract IB-30837) which is the new highway alignment extending from I-65 to CR750E north of Buck Creek, West Lafayette, IN.
Tuesday, August 17, 2010 – Thursday, August 19, 2010
- Shipping address (4509 E 300 N, Suite 3 (Trailer), Lafayette, IN 47905– see the purple icon on the above Google map), Arrive on (Friday, August 13, 2010), Contacts: Matt Schaaf, 317-223-4016
8:30AM to noon (EDT), Thursday, Aug. 19
INDOT Research Division. 1205 Montgomery Street, West Lafayette, IN 47906
RSVP by Aug. 12, contact: Paul Berebitsky, Indiana Construction Association, email@example.com, (317) 472-6777
- FHWA/TPF Intelligent Compaction Study and Findings, George Chang (Transtec Group)
- Soils/Subbase IC and ND IC Prelim Results, David White (ISU)
- Trimble GPS and IC System, Creg Adkins (SITEC)
- Caterpillar IC Systems, Candace Young (Caterpillar)
The material types include both cohesive and granular soils.
- A Caterpillar CS56 single smooth drum IC roller with a padfoot shell kit
- A Caterpillar CS563E single smooth drum IC roller
- Demonstrate IC technology to DOT personnel, contractors, etc.
- Evaluate the benefits and effectiveness of IC Rollers,
- Assist DOT in the development of IC quality control (QC) specifications, and
- Identify and prioritize needed improvements and further research for IC equipment.
Meetings and Reports
- INDOT special provision for Soils IC (v1, April 1, 2010)
- INDOT Soils IC Field Summary Sheets (v2, Aug. 6, 2010)
- INDOT Soils IC Report (draft, v7, April, 2011)
Photos and Videos
- Tommy Nantung, INDOT, (765) 463-1521 x248, Tnantung at indot.in.gov (replace “at” with @)
- Kurt Sommer, INDOT, (765) 361-5625, KSommer at indot.in.gov