- This project is located on Highway 12 in southwest ND, 9 miles from Montana State line through city of Marmarth to Bowman County line.
Monday, August 9, 2010 – Thursday, August 12, 2010
- Roller shipping – Shipping address (Staging area of this project, 1 miles west of Marmarth), Arrive on (Aug. 6 – tentatively), Contacts: Keith Reiss of Northern Improvement: (701) 225-5197.
Thursday, Aug. 12, Time – 10AM to 2PM (MDT)
City of Marmarth Community Center, 204 N. Main, Marmarth, ND 58643
RSVP by August 3rd Jon Ketterling,(701) 328-6908, firstname.lastname@example.org,
- FHWA/TPF Intelligent Compaction Study and Findings, George Chang (Transtec Group)
- Soils/Subbase IC and ND IC Prelim Results, David White (ISU)
- Trimble GPS System, Brian Visser (Butler Machinery)
- Caterpillar IC Systems, Candace Young (Caterpillar)
- Demonstrate IC technology to DOT personnel and contractors,
- Evaluate the benefits and effectiveness of IC Rollers,
- Assist DOT in the development of IC quality control (QC) specifications, and
- Identify and prioritize needed improvements and further research for IC equipment.
Meetings and Reports
- NDDOT soils IC Summary Field Sheets (v3b, Aug 6, 2010)
- NDDOT special provision for soils IC (v2, final version, July 16, 2010)
- NDDOT Soils IC Report (final, 22MB, Nov. 19, 2010)
Photos and Videos
- Jon Ketterling, NDDOT, (701) 328-6908, Jketterl at nd.gov (replace “at” with @)