- This project is an HMA overlay project that the location is centered at the interchange of SR 53 and SR 219 in Summerhill, PA, 15958.
The marker on the map indicates the NE project office (109 Nelson Road, South Fork, PA 15956) where the project team will have a briefing on Monday, 7:30AM, Sept. 20. Here is the Google Earth file for the above location.
- Shipping address (109 Nelson Road, South Fork, PA 15956), Arrive on (Volvo – Sept., 15, Sakai – Sept. 17), Contacts: (Jim Miller, 814-329-4684, Dave 814-937-5326)
9AM to noon, Thursday, Sept. 23, 2010
(New Enterprise Stone & Lime Office, 3912 Brumbaugh road, New Enterprise, PA 16664) – 1 hour from the job site
RSVP by Sept. 17 (Ruth Calish, email@example.com)
- FHWA/TPF IC Project and Recent Findings, by Dr. George Chang, P.E., Transtec Group, PI, FHWA/TPF IC project
- IC for HMA, by Bob Horan, P.E., Asphalt Institute, Facilitator, FHWA/TPF IC project
- Kessler Field Test Equipment, by Larry Aicken, Kessler Soils Engineering
- Volvo IACA, by Chad Fluent, Volvo
- Trimble GPS for IC, by Pete Kaz, Trimble
- Prelim Findings from the PA HMA IC Demonstration, by Dr. George Chang, P.E., Transtec Group, PI, FHWA/TPF IC project
Click the WeatherUnderground icon for near term weather forecast.
FHWA/TPF Type IV HMA materials.
- Sakai double-drum IC roller
- Volvo double-drum IACA roller
- Demonstrate IC technology to DOT personnel, contractors, etc.,
- Evaluate the benefits and effectiveness of IC Rollers,
- Assist DOT in the development of IC quality control (QC) specifications, and
- Identify and prioritize needed improvements and further research for IC equipment.
Meetings and Reports
- Web Meeting (Aug. 31, 2010): meeting minutes and presentation.
- Teleconference (Sept. 16, 2010): a briefing to determine paving schedule and exact locations for demonstration. Meeting minutes are included in the field summary sheets, version 2.
- PennDOT special provision for HMA IC (v1, Aug. 25, 2010)
- Field Summary Sheets (v3, Sept. 20, 2010)
- Final report (v1.03, draft, Oct. 22, 2010. 19 MB)
Photos and Videos
- Garth Bridenbaugh, PennDOT, (814) 696-7194, GBridenbaugh@state.pa.us
- Kerry Petrasic, PennDOT, (717) 787-4319, Kpetrasic@state.pa.us
- Tim Ramirez, PennDOT, (717) 787-0472, firstname.lastname@example.org