- The project is a HMA overlay project (CSJ 3451-01-027) on FM 1281. Project limits are from 0.3 miles east of IH-10 to 3.301 miles east of IH-10.
Monday, May 24, 2010 – Wednesday, May 26, 2010
- Roller Shipping: Shipping address: TxDOT Area Office (1430 Joe Battle Blvd, El Paso, TX 79936), Arrive by May 21, 2010. Contacts: Ricardo Romero, P.E., (915) 849-5552
9AM to noon (Wednesday, May 26)
TxDOT Area Office (1430 Joe Battle Blvd, El Paso, TX 79936)
Dr. Jimmy Si, 506-5901, zsi at dot.state.tx.us.
- FHWA/TPF IC Project and Recent Findings, by Dr. George Chang, P.E., Transtec Group, PI, FHWA/TPF IC project
- IC for HMA, by Bob Horan, P.E., Asphalt Institute, Facilitator, FHWA/TPF IC project
- Kessler Field Test Equipment, by Larry Aicken, Kessler Soils Engineering
- Volvo IACA, by Chad Fluent, Volvo
- Trimble GPS for IC, by Mike Windsor, Keystone Precision Instrument
- Prelim Findings from the VA HMA IC Demonstration, by Dr. George Chang, P.E., Transtec Group, PI, FHWA/TPF IC project
The material type is FHWA/TPF Type IV HMA material.
- Sakai double-drum IC roller (SW880)
- Trimble GPS
- Demonstrate IC technology to DOT personnel and contractors,
- Evaluate the benefits and effectiveness of IC Rollers,
- Assist DOT in the development of IC quality control (QC) specifications, and
- Identify and prioritize needed improvements and further research for IC equipment.
Meetings and Reports
- TxDOT special provision for HMA IC (v2a, May 5, 2010) NB: not used.
- TxDOT Field Sheets for mini HMA IC (v4b, May 21, 2010)
- TxDOT mini HMA IC Report (v1b, 6MB, June 22, 2010)
Photos and Videos
- Dr. Zhiming Si, TXDOT (TPF representative), (512) 506-5901, zsi at dot.state.tx.us
- Rick Romero, TXDOT (East Area engineer), (915) 849-8552, RROMERO at dot.state.tx.us
- Francisco Marez, TXDOT (project engineer), (915) 849-5565, FMAREZJR at dot.state.tx.us
- Martha Gandara, TXDOT (ELP- District Lab), (915) 790-4321, mgandar at dot.state.tx.us