- The candidate site is a HMA overlay project at I-66 west of DC around milepost 23.
Monday, September 27, 2010 – Thursday, September 30, 2010
- Roller Shipping: Shipping address (Superior Paving Corporate Office, 7940 Gainsford Ct. Bristow VA, 20136), Arrive by (Friday, Sept. 24), Contacts: Chris Griffith, 703-631-0004, C 571-237-6417
9:00AM to noon, Thursday, Sept. 30, 2010
Superior Paving, 7940 Gainsford Ct. Bristow VA, 20136, 703-631-0004
Please RSVP by Sept. 29 (email Ruth Calish, firstname.lastname@example.org).
- FHWA/TPF IC Project and Recent Findings, by Dr. George Chang, P.E., Transtec Group, PI, FHWA/TPF IC project
- IC for HMA, by Bob Horan, P.E., Asphalt Institute, Facilitator, FHWA/TPF IC project
- Kessler Field Test Equipment, by Larry Aicken, Kessler Soils Engineering
- Volvo IACA, by Chad Fluent, Volvo
- Trimble GPS for IC, by Mike Windsor, Keystone Precision Instrument
- Prelim Findings from the VA HMA IC Demonstration, by Dr. George Chang, P.E., Transtec Group, PI, FHWA/TPF IC project
The material type is FHWA/TPF Type IV HMA.
- Sakai double drum IC roller
- Volvo double drum IACA roller
- Demonstrate IC technology to DOT personnel, contractors, etc.
- Evaluate the benefits and effectiveness of IC Rollers,
- Assist DOT in the development of IC quality control (QC) specifications for HMA pavement materials, and
- Identify and prioritize needed improvements and further research for IC equipment.
Meetings and Reports
- VDOT special provision for HMA IC (v1, Feb. 17, 2010)
- Field Summary Sheets (v5, Sept. 17, 2010)
- Final report (draft, 3MB, v 1.04, Jan. 4, 2011)
Photos and Videos