- This project is a HMA overlay project on rubblized PCC located in Mosinee, WI at the junction of IH 39 and 153.
- Roller shipping – Shipping address: 1116 Happy Hollow Rd., Mosinee WI 54455, Arrive by May 5, 2010. Contacts: Matt Eslinger, 715-299-0245
- Staging area: TBA
- Machine Setup and Trial Runs: TBA
- Training for Roller Operators: TBA
- Onsite personnel – please bring a copy of the Field Summary Sheets
Thursday, May 13, 9AM to noon
American Asphalt of Wisconsin Division office, 832 Wi-153, Mosinee WI, 54455
Wesley A. Shemwell, FHWA-WI, (608) 829-7521
- FHWA/TPF Intelligent Compaction Project – by Dr. George Chang (Transtec Group)
- Asphalt Intelligent Compaction – by Bob Horan (Asphalt Institute)
- Sakai Intelligent Compaction System – by Todd Mansell (Sakai America)
- WisDOT HMA IC Demo and Prelim Results – by Dr. George Chang (Transtec Group)
- Trimble GPS System – by Adam Patrow (Fabco/Trimble)
- TopCon GPS System – by Brian Lingobardo (TopCon) and Tom Walrath (Position Solutions)
Click the WeatherUnderground icon for near term weather forecast.
The material type is FHWA/TPF Type IV HMA material.
- Sakai double-drum IC rollers – SW880 and SW 990
- Trimble GPS (on SW880)
- TopCon GPS (on SW990)
- Demonstrate IC technology to DOT personnel and contractors,
- Evaluate the benefits and effectiveness of IC Rollers,
- Assist DOT in the development of IC quality control (QC) specifications, and
- Identify and prioritize needed improvements and further research for IC equipment.
Meetings and Reports
- WisDOT special provision for HMA IC (v2a, Feb. 8, 2010)
- WisDOT Field Sheets for HMA IC (v5a, May 7, 2010)
- WisDOT HMA IC Report (draft, v1.04b, June 14, 2010)
Photos and Videos
- Robert Arndorfer, WisDOT, (608) 246-7940, Robert.Arndorfer at dot.state.wi.us (replace “at” with @)
- Barry Paye, PE, WisDOT, (608) 246-3855, barry.paye at dot.state.wi.us (replace “at” with @)