This project is located at I-95 in Brevard County, FL. The staging area is under the overpass of Citrus Blvd. The paving will be conducted for the outside lane behind construction barrels in two lifts between Stations 2432 and 2452 for 2,000 ft.
Monday, October 15, 2012 – Thursday, October 18, 2012
- Roller shipping – I-95 northbound under Citrus Blvd overpass, Arrive (before Oct. 12), Contacts: Henry Washington, 407-468-1919, backup contact: Jeff Hansen, 407-948-2005.
- The staging area is same as the roller shipping location.
- Machine Setup and Trial Runs (Vendors and FHWA IC team only) – Time/date (10AM, Monday, Oct. 15), Location (staging area)
- Roller operators’ IC Training – Time/Date (4-8PM, Monday, Oct. 15), Location (staging area)
- IC Data Management and Veda training workshop – Time/Date(9:30AM-noon, Oct. 17), Location (FLDOT district 5 office, 555 Camp Rd Cocoa, FL 32927, i.e. Open House location) – laptop computers are required.
- All onsite personnels – Note that the demo schedule was changed on Oct. 9. Please read the Summary Field Sheets document for further details.
Thursday, Oct. 18, Time – 8AM to noon (EDT)
555 Camp Rd Cocoa, FL 32927
Rafael Rodriguez, P.E., District Bituminous Engineer in District 5, (386) 740 3530,Rafael.Rodriguez@dot.myflorida.com.
- IC Introduction by Lee Gallivan (FHWA)
- Asphalt IC by Bob Horan (AI)
- HAMM IC System by Tim Kowalski (Wirtgen)
- Sakai IC System by Brandom Crokett (Sakai)
- Trimble GPS and IC Solutions by Greg Hasty (SITETECH SE) and Scott Bridges (Trimble)
- Lightweight Defectometer for Asphalt by Larry Aicken (Kessler) and Thorsten Hildebrand (Zorn)
- Florida IC demo Prelim Results by George Chang (Transtec Group)
Click the WeatherUnderground icon for near term weather forecast.
Asphalt – FDOT Type SP structural course
- HAMM HD+120a double drum IC roller
- Sakai SW880 double drum IC roller
Other Testing Equipment
- GPS (SiteTech SE)
- LWD-a Lightweight deflectometer for asphalt (Kessler)
- FWD Failling weight deflectometer (FDOT)
- GPR Ground penerating radar (FDOT)
- Train contractors and DOT on intelligent compaction technologies
- Study the relationship between IC and asphalt in-place densities
Meetings and Reports
- Meeting No. 1 Presentation (July 17, 2012)
- Meeting No. 1 Minutes (July 17, 2012)
- Meeting No. 2 Minutes (July 27, 2012)
- Meeting No. 3 Minutes (Sept. 27, 2012)
- Gregory Sholar, State Bituminous Engineer, FDOT, (352) 955-2920,Gregory.Sholar@dot.myflorida.com
- Patrick Upshaw, State Pavement Performance Engineer, FDOT,(352) 955-2906,Patrick.Upshaw@dot.myflorida.com