This project is located at US-89 and SR-180 in American Fork and Lehi, Utah. It’s a mill-and-fill night paving job.
Monday, August 6, 2012 – Thursday, August 9, 2012
- Roller shipping – address (1616 North Beck Street, Salt Lake City, UT 84116.), Arrive (before Aug. 4), Contacts: Kim Cherrington, 801-455-0160.
- Machine Setup and Trial Runs (vendors and FHWA IC team only) – 4PM-6PM Sunday, Aug. 5, at the Staker & Parson warehouse, 1616 North Beck Street, Salt Lake City, UT 84116.
- IC Training (all parties) – 7:30PM-9PM, Monday, Aug. 6, at the project staging area, approx. 450E and US 89 (State Street) (updated: Aug. 6).
- Night No. 2 (Aug. 7) – meet at the staging area at 9PM close to N600W and US 89.
- Ninght No. 3 (Aug. 8) – TBA
- All onsite personnels – please bring hard/electrinic copies of the Summary Field Sheets.
Thursday, Aug. 9, Time – 8AM to 1PM (MDT)
UDOT Region 3 Office, 658 North 1500 West, Orem, Utah 84057
Brent Gaschler, Technology & Support Engineer, Utah DOT, (801) 965-3816 BGASCHLER@utah.gov.
- IC Introduction by Lee Gallivan (FHWA)
- Asphalt IC by Bob Horan (AI)
- HAMM IC System by Tim Kowalski (Wirtgen)
- Sakai IC System by Brandom Crokett (Sakai)
- Trimble GPS and IC Solutions by Greg Evans (Wheeler) and Jereon Snoeck (Trimble)
- Utah IC demo Prelim Results by George Chang (Transtec Group)
- FHWA SR-GPS by Tom Yu (FHWA)
Click the WeatherUnderground icon for near term weather forecast.
3/4″ superpave mix with RAP (25% of aggregate blend) and PG58-34 asphalt cement.
- HAMM HD+120a double drum IC roller
- Sakai SW880 double drum IC roller
Other Testing Equipment
- GPS (Wheeler/Trimble)
- Pave-IR paver-mounted thermal bar (MOBA)
- Train contractors and agency on intelligent compaction technologies
- Study the relationship between IC and asphalt in-place densities
Meetings and Reports
- HMA IC Special Provision (May 11, 2012)
- HMA IC Test Plan – presentation (June 15, 2012)
- Detailed Experimental Plan (July 23, 2012 – superseded by the Field Summary Sheets)
- Field Summary Sheets (updated July 31, 2012)
Utah DOT Contacts
- Scott Andrus, State Engineer for Materials, Utah DOT, (801) 965-4859, SCOTTANDRUS@utah.gov
- Brent Gaschler, Technology & Support Engineer, , Utah DOT, (801) 965-3816 BGASCHLER@utah.gov
- Jim Golden, Project manager, Utah DOT, (801) 360-0052, JIMGOLDEN@utah.gov