- This project is a night-time paving job located at I-80 in Solano County, CA, from MP 30.6 to MP 38.7.
- Caltrans project 04-4A0104 in District 4. Replacing existing concrete pavement and HMA.
- Contractor: Teichert Construction
Wednesday, September 4, 2013 – Friday, September 6, 2013
- Roller shipping – 24207 County Road 100A, Davis, CA 95616 (by Aug. 30), Contacts: Chris Barkely, Teichert Consrtuction, 530-308-1083, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Staging area: the Dixon Avenue Yard located on the infield of the eastbound loop on ramp to Highway 80 from Dixon Avenue.
- Machine Setup and Trial Runs (3-5PM, Wed, Sept. 4) at the staging area (for vendors and FHWA IC team only)
- *Mandatory* safety briefing for all parties (9PM, Wed. and Thur.) at the staging area
- Training for Roller Operators (10PM, Wed, Sept. 4) at the staging area
- Wednesday night paving: #1 and #2 lanes eastbound Highway 80 from Station 375+00 to 425+00.
- Thursday night paving: #3 lane of Highway 80 from Station 325+00 to 425+00.
- Onsite personnel – please bring a copy of the Field Summary Sheets
Friday, Sept. 6. 1PM to 5PM (EDT)
Translab Auditorium, 5900 Folsom Boulevard, Sacramento, CA 95819
Details and presention files
Click the WeatherUnderground icon for near term weather forecast.
- Bomag double drum IC roller
- Hamm double drum IC roller
- Caterpillar double drum IC roller
Other Testing Equipment
- GPS (Sitech West)
- LWD-a (Lightweight deflectometer for asphalt) (Kessler)
- FWD (Falling weight deflectometer) (Caltrans)
- GPR (Ground Penetrating Radar) (Caltrans research)
- Train contractors and DOT on intelligent compaction technologies
- Study the relationship between IC and asphalt in-place densities
Meetings and Reports
- Chuck Suszko, Caltrans, 916-227-7314, 916-798-6029, Chuck.Suszko@dot.ca.gov
- For the IC demo activity, contact Dr. George Chang, The Transtec Group, (512) 451 6233, GKChang@TheTranstecGroup.com
- For the paving and field site visit, contact Chris Barkely, Teichert Consrtuction, (530) 308-1083, email@example.com
- For the Open House activity, contact Ebi Fini, Caltrans, (916) 227-5396, Ebi.Fini@dot.ca.gov