- This project is a day-time paving job located at I‐65 in Hart County between Horse Cave and Munfordville (MP 58 – MP65).
- Contractor: Scotty’s Contracting & Stone
July 14-17, 2014
- Roller shipping – Contacts: Mike Law, Scotty’s Contracting & Stone; ETA: Friday, July 11, 2014.
- Staging area:The staging area will be at the I-65 medium next to Exit No. 65 behind barriers.
- Machine Setup and Trial Runs: 2-5PM, July 13 (IC/GPS Vendors only)
- Training for Roller Operators and Project Briefing: 5:30AM, July 14
- The paving will be about 2 miles south of Exit 65 (Munfordville) in the median, north of the Green River bridge. Entrance/Exit to the job is about 1 mile south of Exit 65 near the KY88 bridge.
- Onsite personnel – please bring a copy of the Field Summary Sheets
- Date/Time: Thursday, 8AM to noon, July 17, 2014
- Location: Cave City Convention Center, 502 Mammoth Cave St, Cave City, KY 42127
- Open House online registration webpage
- Details and presentation files will be posted here when available
Click the WeatherUnderground icon for near term weather forecast.
Asphalt – Base Course
- Caterpillar double drum IC roller
- Hamm double drum IC roller
Other Testing Equipment
- GPS (Trimble/SITECH)
- LWD-a (Lightweight deflectometer for asphalt) (Kessler)
- Nuclear density gauge (KYTC)
- Train contractors and DOT on intelligent compaction technologies
- Study the relationship between IC and asphalt in-place densities
Meetings and Reports
DOT Host: Brandon Bagby, KYTC D4 (project manager of the I-65 project), 270-766-5033, email@example.com
- For the IC demo activity, contact Dr. George Chang, The Transtec Group, 512-451-6233, GKChang@TheTranstecGroup.com
- For the field site visit, contact Mike Law, 270-781-3998, Scotty’s Contracting & Stone, firstname.lastname@example.org
- For the paving operation, contact Jim Sowers, 270-783-1408, Scotty’s Contracting & Stone
- For the Open House activity, contact David Hunsucker, KTC, 859-257-8313, David.Hunsucker@uky.edu